Hire a VISTA
A good cause. A great business opportunity.
Who hires VISTAs?
Organizations that hire VISTAs are called “host sites.” Host sites are nonprofits and government agencies that provide critical services, training, and empowerment programs aimed at enabling local residents to break the cycle of poverty. Host Sites benefit from receiving the support of a full-time staff member without the high cost of salary and benefits. Watch this video to hear what some of our current host sites have to say about their experience working with a VISTA.
Who can become a host site?
- Public, private, or faith-based nonprofit; or a
- Local, state, or federal agency
- That works to lift people out of poverty.
To host a VISTA, your organization must be able to provide:
- $5,000 toward VISTA salary and benefits;
- Office space, a desk, a computer and phone for each VISTA;
- A full-time staff supervisor who supports the VISTA by providing guidance, oversight, and attending VISTA supervisor meetings; and
- The administrative support and supplies a VISTA will need to complete the goals and objectives of the project.
Your project must have clearly defined objectives and goals directed toward alleviating poverty and serving low-income communities.
Is VISTA right for your organization? For more information, visit: americorps.gov.
If you have questions about hosting a VISTA, please contact the FIT VISTA Program Manager at [email protected] or (603) 641-9441 x 357.
The Families in Transition VISTA Program is now accepting proposals from nonprofit, faith-based and government agencies that wish to host a VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) for the July 2017- July 2018 program year. Please click here to download a Request for Proposals, which details requirements and instructions on how to apply. The deadline to submit a proposal for the 2017-2018 program year is Friday, March 17, 2017. Attendance is strongly encouraged at the Host Site Information Session to be held on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1-3PM, at 161 South Beech Street, Manchester, NH. RSVP on or before Friday, Feb. 19, to Emily Melhorn at [email protected] or 603-641-9441 x357.