Volunteers are at the heart of the Families in Transition family. They play a vital role in helping us provide needed support for homeless individuals and families.
FIT provides many different opportunities to its volunteers. In addition to individual volunteers and interns, we welcome group efforts and are happy to organize special projects to accommodate your religious organization, school, leisure club, or business group.
Ways you can get involved:
- Put a smile on the faces of our youngest participants, ranging in age from infant to pre-school, by providing child care support.
- Organize a collections drive for one of our many ongoing agency-wide needs or a collections drive for our OutFITters Thrift Store.
- Collect, prepare, and distribute items from our donation center to our participants – canned goods/non perishables, items from our food pantry, and home essential products.
- Help our maintenance department with landscaping, painting, and repairing our properties to make them warm and welcoming for those we serve.
- Sort and organize donations at one of our OutFITters Thrift Stores, located in Manchester and Concord on a regular basis. Click here to download a flyer to show to interested groups.
- Provide clerical support in one of our offices by answering phones, entering data, and filing.
- Intern with one of our many departments currently recruiting. Applications are always being accepted, and can be obtained by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Offer a one-time or recurring life skills workshop for our participants. Past topics have included budgeting, crafts, yoga, aromatherapy, etc.
- Become a member of our Board of Directors or sit on one of our many project specific task forces. Areas include resource development, marketing/economic development, events, and programs & supportive services.
- Sponsor a social event—a board game night, dinner, or ice cream social–for our FIT families to attend.
- Participate in FIT fundraising events including our annual Cinco de Mayo event and our Wicked FIT 5k.
Are you natural leader?
Families in Transition is dedicated to creating leaders in our volunteers, which is why we are seeking independent, self- starting individuals to join our volunteer team! Applicants will have the opportunity to act as leaders within the agency and grow important resume-building skills. Whether it’s acting as a liaison to volunteer applicants, supporting current volunteers, or welcoming our volunteer groups, there are so many ways for dedicated volunteers to truly impact the agency! Apply online today!