7 Ways to Get Your Business Involved
1 in 4 homeless people in NH is a child.
Children who experience homelessness are more likely to have developmental delays, learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral problems, and are more likely to be asked to repeat a grade. Be the change for these children. YOU can help us build the solution for the future, for our community.
Getting your company involved in your community is a great way to boost morale and keep your employees happy! Giving employees time to participate in events during work hours is fun for the whole business. Not only does it give everyone a team building opportunity, but it also gives them the chance to give back to their community!
As a Corporate Supporter of Families in Transition – New Horizons (FIT), there are MANY ways to get involved throughout the year. Included are some of the unique ways to get your company and employees involved with Families in Transition – New Horizons.
7 Ways to Get Your Business Involved
1. Love events? Support one of our events. We have two major events planned for the 2015 calendar year. Event sponsorship provides a great way for you to show your community support. Plus, your business will receive marketing benefits, and staff can participate in a fun event. There are many ways in which you can support our events and we hope you will get involved. Click here to see all the ways!
To learn more about any of these events and how you can get involved, please call 603.641.9441 ext. 329 or email [email protected]
2. Support our most vulnerable populations, homeless families, at our Family Place Resource Center and Shelter.In addition to providing emergency shelter for homeless families, this project creates a comprehensive resource center which will provide families, who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, with a number of essential services including access to healthcare, employment assistance, therapeutic preschool and guaranteed nutritious meals ! For more information about the shelter, click here or to donate today, click here.
3. Support us with a grant or matching gift opportunity. If your business has this opportunity, you could support Families in Transition – New Horizons and have the opportunity to double your gift. For more information, please email us at [email protected] or call 603.641.9441 ext. 324.
4. Tour one of our 20 buildings with a “FIT in an Hour” opportunity. We are always looking to have our community visit us to learn more about Families in Transition – New Horizons and see our buildings up close and personal. Sign up for an individual or group tour today or have our team come to you! If you are interested, please contact our Resource Development Office at 603.641.9441 ext. 324 and we can help set something up.
5. Organize a collections drive with one of our many programs! For a full list of current “high needs” for the agency, please click here . For more information, please email [email protected] or call 603.641.9441 ext. 324.
6. Volunteer for one of our many volunteer opportunities with FIT, OutFITters Thrift Stores, or the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter. We depend on our volunteers year after year, as we could not positively impact the vast number of people who stay with us without the dedication and support of volunteers. Interested in setting up a group volunteer project or coming in individually? Let us know and we will plan something for you! You tell us your interest and we will set you up with a volunteer experience customized to your interests (or skills, goals, etc)! Email our team at [email protected] or call 603.641.9441 ext. 357 to find out more.
7. Leverage your support by redirecting your tax dollars! Businesses can redirect their tax dollars that they’d pay to the state and federal government by supporting Families in Transition – New Horizons through the Community Development Finance Authority (CDFA). Through this program, companies can receive a state business tax credit worth 75% of their donation. In fact, total tax benefits can allow organizations to pay only 11% of their donation. For more information, email [email protected] or call our offices at 603.641.9441 ext. 324.
For a printable version of this information, please click here.
For more information about ways to get involved, please call our Resource Development Office at 603.641.9441 ext. 324 or [email protected].