NH Gives – Provide healthy meals for those most in need
Join Families in Transition – New Horizons-New Horizons (FIT-NHNH) in conjunction with NH Gives Day to combat hunger among homeless families in New Hampshire. Help us raise $10,000 to provide healthy meals to those most in need across the state of New Hampshire.
NH Gives is a statewide 24-hour online fundraising event that builds community by connecting donors to local nonprofits, including us. From 6:00 p.m. on June 6 to 6:00 p.m. on June 7, help us raise funds to provide healthy and nutritious meals for those most in need across the state of NH.
Did you know?
- Approximately 10% of men, women, and children in NH are food insecure. “Food insecure” is defined as lacking reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
- The Family Place Resource Center and Shelter, the only emergency family shelter in Manchester, provides 19 meals per week per person – that’s an average of 551 meals per week.
- Last year, the Family Place Resource Center served 31,488 meals to families in need.
- The New Horizons soup kitchen served 73,444 meals last year. This is the highest number of meals served by the soup kitchen in three years.
- The New Horizons bread line saw its highest numbers in four years serving 9,664 meals to Granite State residents in need.
- The New Horizons food pantry supplemented low income families in Manchester with 12,134 bags of food.
How can you help?
Help us provide wholesome meals and snacks for men, women, and children experiencing food insecurity. Here’s how you can give:
- $20 provides food for one person for one week
- $60 provides food for one family for one week
- $145 provides food for a mother and child for one month
- $218 provides food for one family for one month
- $520 provide food for the entire shelter residents for one week
How it works: From 6:00 p.m. on June 6 to 6:00 p.m. on June 7, you can give to Families in Transition – New Horizons-New Horizons through our profile on the NH Gives webpage.
Can’t wait? Set up your own fundraising campaign for Families in Transition – New Horizons-New Horizons through the NH Gives page and tell your friends what FIT-NHNH does and how they can help! Have friends who’d be interested in supporting us? Be sure to share your page with them – you can even set your own fundraising goal and challenge others to help you meet it!