Provide Healthy Meals- NH Gives
Thank you so much to everyone that made a donation during NH Gives.
We ended up raising $4,160, surpassing our goal of $4,000! This amount of money will provide healthy meals and snacks for the entire shelter for 8 weeks!
Join Families in Transition (FIT) in conjunction with NH Gives Day to combat hunger among homeless families in NH. Help us raise $4,000 in order of us to provide healthy meals to the children in our Family Place Resource Center and Shelter throughout the summer.
NH Gives is a statewide 24-hour online fundraising event that builds community by connecting donors to local nonprofits, including us. From 6pm on June 6 to 6pm on June 7, help us raise funds to provide children healthy, nutritious meals for the summer months.
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 children in NH are food insecure. (“Food Insecure” is defined as lacking reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.”)
- On an average day, FIT’s Family Place Resource Center and Shelter feeds and houses 29 people, 17 of whom are children.
- The Family Place Resource Center and Shelter is the only emergency family shelter in Manchester.
- The Family Place Resource Center and Shelter provides 19 meals per week per person – that’s an average of 551 meals per week.
- With summer coming, we anticipate the number of meals and snacks needed will increase due to school being out and kids not receiving the food they would otherwise get at school.
How can you help?
Help us provide wholesome meals and snacks to families in our Family Place Resource Center and Shelter. Here’s how you can give:
- $35 provides food for one person for one week
- $60 provides food for one family for one week
- $145 provides food for a mother and child for one month
- $218 provides food for one family for one month
- $520 provide food for the entire shelter residents for one week
How it works: From 6pm on June 6 to 6pm on June 7, you can give to Families in Transition through our profile on the NH Gives webpage.
Can’t wait? Set up your own fundraising campaign for FIT through the NH Gives page and tell you friends what FIT does and how they can help out! Have friends who’d be interested in supporting us? Be sure to share your own page with them – you can even set your own fundraising goal and challenge others to help you meet it!
NH Gives Volunteer Opportunities
Want to volunteer to support NH Gives? Check out the options below and let us know if you’d like to join! We ask that volunteers be at least 16 years old (or at least 12 years old if volunteering with a parent or guardian). Advance sign-up for this opportunity is required. To sign-up or for questions, please contact [email protected]
Tuesday June 6 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, Manchester: Join us at the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter for a social event and activity with the families that live there. 5 spaces available.
Wednesday, June 7 from 11:00am to 2:00pm, Concord: Help sort and organize donations at OutFITters Boutique in Concord. 12 spaces available.