At Families in Transition, we offer a wide variety of unpaid internship placements created to suit the needs of both Bachelor’s- and Master’s-level students. Past interns have supported a variety of departments – from case management, intake, and supportive services for our families to data analysis, event planning, and fashion merchandising at our OutFITters Thrift Stores.
In an internship at FIT, you’ll get:
- A dedicated internship supervisor in your field of study
- Critical hands-on experience with southern New Hampshire’s leading homeless services provider
- Flexible scheduling, including rolling start dates and flexible hours
- Event Planning Internship: help plan some of FIT’s yearly events; tasks include but are not limited to creating invitations and event materials, securing vendors, and other logistics. Click here for a full description
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Level Clinical Internship: help provide supportive case management for participants, assist in social activities. Bachelor’s level click here and Master’s level click here.
- Fashion Merchandising Internship: help implement and execute effective merchandising strategies at our OutFITters Thrift Stores; design store merchandise and mannequin displays. For a full description, click here.
- Research Assistant Internship: assist with data entry and analysis, gathering updated information from service providers. For a full description click here.
- Small Business/Retail Management Internship: learn first-hand skills in managing staff, tracking and meeting sales goals, and other tasks that take place behind the scenes as a small retail business. For a full description click here.
Internship duties and duration are flexible, and our internship coordinator will work with you to find an appropriate placement. The application process is competitive, and applicants will need to provide a resume and three letters of reference to be considered.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis – please contacts us to inquire about openings, as they are subject to change. To get started with the application process, or for questions about our internship program, e-mail [email protected] or call (603) 641-9441 x357.