At FIT, we recognize that helping an individual or family maintain housing stability often takes more than simply providing a home. The supportive services we provide focus on the strengths of each and every participant and their family while providing vital opportunities to build the skills necessary for self-sufficiency and stability.
Life skills are crucial tools that enable participants to achieve personal growth, learn positive behaviors, and gain independence. By developing these skills as part of a larger goal of self-awareness and understanding, individuals are able break the cycle of homelessness.
To facilitate the development of life skills, participants are offered programming in the following areas:
- Intensive therapeutic case management to increase skills and confidence in areas of: budgeting, health and wellness, mental health, employment, educational goals, and financial stability.
- Individual and group therapy opportunities for crisis support, stress management, coping skills, and self-awareness skills to enhance individual growth and achievement. Specialized topics include: parents in recovery, expressive arts, mindfulness, and relapse prevention.
- Workshops and social opportunities to improve skills in areas such as:
- Substance abuse recovery
- Relationship building
- Health and wellness
- Family programming to provide opportunities for positive interactions and enhanced connections within extended families as well as with friends, neighbors, and the community at large.
- Health services provided to individuals and families through the Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) Manchester – Mobile Community Health Team clinic (provided at the Families in Transition Market Street location).
- A 24-hour crisis hotline, available to all FIT participants.
If you are homeless and in need of emergency shelter or housing, contact the Manchester Homeless Assistance Line at 1-877-606-5173.
If you already have an appointment scheduled with the Intake Coordinator at Families in Transition, make sure that you have proper documentation (see required paperwork here) and contact the Intake Coordinator at [email protected] or 603-641-9441 ext. 257 with further questions.