Planned Giving Program

Planned Giving Program

Creating a lasting investment in the future of a child in need….

We are pleased that you have interest in learning about the many benefits of our Planned Giving Program. Your donation to Families in Transition can ensure the continued success of our agency while leaving a lasting legacy for you or your family. Contributions are welcomed from individuals, businesses, organizations and foundations that value the mission of Families in Transition to break the cycle of homelessness in New Hampshire.

With an outright gift, a simple charitable bequest in your will or other charitable trust, you can make a gift that is truly never-ending and will help a child in need in the future. If you have any questions about the best way for you to benefit through a planned gift, please call our Resource Development Department at 603.641.9441 ext. 324 or email us at [email protected].

For a printable version of the information below, please click here.

Please check with your financial advisor about other gifts that would be advantageous to your loved ones as well as Families in Transition.


Ways to make a planned gift to Families in Transition

Bequests: A charitable bequest is a gift to Families in Transition that is made through your will or living trust. In your will, you may leave a specific amount, a percentage of an estate or the residual of an estate following the provision for family members. While you are alive, you retain complete control of your bequest assets. When your estate is settled, your estate will receive a federal estate tax deduction at that time that is equal to the value of your gift, which could save the estate taxes.

Charitable Gift Annuity: A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Families in Transition. You transfer cash or property to FIT and in exchange, we sign an annuity contract and promise to pay fixed payments to you for life, a portion of which is non-taxable. Donors receive full credit of the fair market value of the gift along with a charitable deduction.

Donate a Gift of Stock: Stocks or other investments that have grown in value and that you have held for more than one year can become a substantial gift made at a low net cost to you. You receive a charitable deduction and you avoid all federal capital gains tax that would otherwise be due on a sale of the assets.

Charitable Remainder Trust: A Charitable Remainder Trust involves setting up a trust that, at the end of its term, distributes all or part of the principal to Families in Transition. The donor or beneficiary receives income for the term of the trust, avoids immediate capital gains on appreciated long-term assets transferred into the trust and can claim a charitable income tax deduction computed according to the terms.

Make an Endowed Gift: Endowed gifts are those that Families in Transition holds in trust, in perpetuity. Funds are invested and part of the average annual investment income supports the programs specified by the donor. The minimum amount necessary to establish a new endowment with Families in Transition is $50,000. This amount can be paid all at once or in payments (typically three to five years). Once the fund reaches the $50,000 amount, it will payout to purpose. Until $50,000 is reached, the interest gained is reinvested in the fund.

Gifts of Real Estate and Personal Property: Donating real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can make a great gift to Families in Transition. Federal tax laws encourage the gift of securities, real estate and personal property by permitting donors to make a charitable contribution deduction for gifts in support of Families in Transition’s mission.

Carrying on Your Interest with a Named Fund: A named fund can extend the joy of giving to future generations of your family members for years to come. Named funds can be established to memorialize or recognize your family, friends or loved ones perpetuating the memory of others by helping thousands. The minimum amount necessary to establish a named fund with Families in Transition is $25,000. This amount can be paid all at once or in payments (typically three to five years).

Donors may choose to make either a restricted or unrestricted contribution. You will receive a signed receipt once your contribution is received.

For a printable version of the information above, please click here.

For more information please contact our Resource Development Office at [email protected] or 603.641.9441 ext. 324.



Comments are closed.