Volunteer as a Group
Volunteering with a group (business/corporate, school, religious, community, etc.) is a great way to build camaraderie and teamwork amongst your group members while also helping to support Families in Transition’s (FIT) mission to provide housing and services to homeless individuals and families. Below is a listing of some of the ways that your group can get involved. If you’re interested, please contact us at [email protected] or at (603) 641-9441 x357.
- Sort and organize clothing, housewares, and other donated items and prepare them to be sold on the sales floor. Other special projects include stocking racks, creating displays, dressing mannequins, or even general cleaning. Your support ensures that our stores are able to run smoothly and stay profitable – 100% of the proceeds from OutFITters go directly towards funding our housing and services!
- Groups of up to 15 people can be accommodated at one time*, and our staff recommend a shift between 2-4 hours. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer without adult supervision, or at least 12 years old with adult supervision.
*Please let us know if you have a larger group, as we may be able to make accommodations!
- Host a social event or activity for the 11 families living in our emergency shelter or other buildings at our monthly Socially FIT events. Suggested activities include a movie or game night, craft activity, ice cream social, etc. Feel free to be creative and share your ideas too! Activities like this are an important part of our program and provide our families with the opportunity to build community while overcoming homelessness.
- Groups of up to 6 people can be accommodated at one time. Social events are most successful when offered during the evening (4pm-7pm) or the weekend. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer without adult supervision, or at least 12 years old with adult supervision.
- Roll up your sleeves and help beautify one of our buildings! We own and operate 20 properties through NH and regularly have maintenance needs such a painting, cleaning, and landscaping. Your group’s support will ensure that our families have a safe and beautiful place to call home.
- Groups of all sizes can be accommodated. Volunteers must be at least 21 years old and shifts are flexible depending upon the project.