Volunteer at our Family Place Resource Center and Shelter
The Family Place Resource Center and Shelter opened in January 2016. The building houses 11 families on an emergency basis. At the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter, we have many community partners such as New Horizons, CMC, SNHS , and Goodwill, that we have teamed up with to help with combating homelessness in Manchester.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will play a key role in helping to provide homeless and at risk individuals and families living in our shelter with fresh, healthy, and warm meals. Opportunities to assist New Horizons Chefs in food preparation, serving, set up, and clean up are available daily.
- Assist kitchen staff in food preparation for daily meals
- Keep food stocked at meal times (breakfast is buffet style and lunch is a bagged, to go)
- Help serve family-style dinners to families
Shifts are Monday – Friday: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am – 12:00pm (brunch), and 4:00pm – 6:00pm (dinner)
As a Welcome Ambassador, you will play a key role in helping homeless and at risk individuals and families in our community access the resources and services they need to regain their independence. You will be the first point of contact for clients, service providers, donors, and other volunteers entering the facility, helping to direct people to the appropriate resources.
- Welcome and direct visitors, clients, and donors to appropriate services
- Assist our key partners in program set up (workshops, food prep, health clinic, etc)
- Help complete administrative work (filing, mailings, data entry, etc.)
Shifts are Monday –Friday:
8:00am-10:00am, 10:00am-1:00pm, 1:00pm-5:00pm