Volunteers are at the heart of the Families in Transition family. They play a vital role in helping us provide needed support for homeless individuals and families.
FIT provides many different opportunities to its volunteers. In addition to individual volunteers and interns, we welcome group efforts and are happy to organize special projects to accommodate your religious organization, school, leisure club, or business group.
Click here to download a flyer to share with family and friends, that includes information about volunteer opportunities.
Apply Now! Click here to submit an application
Ways you can get involved:
- Play a pivotal role in our new facility, the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter
- Key to the programs and services provided at the Center is our volunteer Welcome Ambassador. Help provide directions and information for individuals visiting the shelter, assist with administrative work, and provide minor meal preparation. Click here to learn more.
- Want to help with serving nutritious, warm meals for our families and children? Become a Kitchen Assistant and assist with meal preparation and serving dinner to our residents at the new Emergency Shelter.
- Host an evening social activity for families at the shelter. Suggested activities include: art & craft night, movie night, family game night, ice cream social, etc.
- Offer a one-time or recurring life skills workshop for our participants. Past topics have included budgeting, crafts, yoga, aromatherapy, etc
- For more information email [email protected]
- Help us keep our buildings beautiful for families
- Grab your co-workers, family, friends, religious/school group and spend a few hours volunteering with us to help clean and maintain one of the 20 properties we own for homeless families.
- Volunteer at one of our Upcoming Events
- Stay tuned for more information about ways to support our events in 2017!
- Fill one of the many current needs at our OutFITters Thrift Stores, located in Manchester and Concord:
- Help to sort and organize clothing and other donations, dress mannequins and create displays, or help support customers by running a register.
- Are you a natural leader?
- Families in Transition is dedicated to creating leaders in our volunteers, which is why we are seeking independent, self- starting individuals to join our volunteer team! Applicants will have the opportunity to act as leaders within the agency and grow important resume-building skills. Whether it’s acting as a liaison to volunteer applicants, supporting current volunteers, or welcoming our volunteer groups, there are so many ways for dedicated volunteers to truly impact the agency! Apply online today!
- Families in Transition has begun recruiting high school students in the greater Manchester and Concord area(s) to enroll in our Youth Ambassador ‘17 – ’18 school year session! To download a copy of the application, click here! Applications can be emailed to FIT staff at [email protected] or mailed to us at 122 Market Street, Manchester NH 03101. Applications for the ’17 – ’18 school year session are being accepted. Please feel free to be in touch with any questions by calling (603) 641-9441 ext. 357 or emailing [email protected]. And be sure to watch this video to get a sense of what the experience can do for you!
- Volunteer on one of our many volunteer run Committees or Task Forces – Areas include Finance and Audit, Events (Concord & Manchester based), Economic Development & Marketing, Volunteer Advisory and more. For more information please email [email protected] or call our offices at 603.641.9441 ext. 357.
Check out our profile on VolunteerMatch, which we update regularly with unique volunteer opportunities as well!