Volunteers are at the heart of the Families in Transition family. They play a vital role in helping us provide needed support for homeless individuals and families.
FIT provides many different opportunities to its volunteers. In addition to individual volunteers and interns, we welcome group efforts and are happy to organize special projects to accommodate your religious organization, school, leisure club, or business group.
Ways you can get involved:
- Organize a collections drive for one of our many ongoing agency-wide needs or a collections drive for our OutFITters Thrift Store.
- Help our maintenance department with landscaping, painting, and repairing our properties to make them warm and welcoming for those we serve.
- Sort and organize donations at one of our OutFITters Thrift Stores, located in Manchester and Concord on a regular basis. Click here to download a flyer to show to interested groups.
- Help watch our youngest participants in our daycare facility
- Provide clerical support in one of our offices by answering phones, entering data, and filing.
- Intern with one of our many departments currently recruiting. Applications are always being accepted, and can be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer a one-time or recurring life skills workshop for our participants. Past topics have included budgeting, crafts, yoga, aromatherapy, etc.
- Become a member of our Board of Directors or sit on one of our many project specific task forces. Areas include resource development, marketing/economic development, events, and programs & supportive services.
- Sponsor a social event—a board game night, dinner, or ice cream social–for our FIT families to attend.
- Participate in FIT fundraising events including our annual Cinco de Mayo event and our Wicked FIT 5k.
Click here to download a flyer of some of our volunteer needs.
Interested in volunteering?
Apply online today! For more information about our internship program, visit our internship page. Or call 603.641.1143 x357 or e-mail email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to get involved.