Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Welcome Ambassador volunteer with Families in Transition! As a Welcome Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be a happy, welcoming presence for homeless children and adults in crisis.
- Make a direct impact on the life of a family by ensuring that they can access the support and resources they need.
- Support our community partners by providing basic clerical support.
Welcome Ambassadors are crucial to the success and daily operation of the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter, so just a few hours of your time once a week will ensure that we are able to provide the much-needed support and resources our clients seek.
Shifts are available in 2-4 hour increments Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM. Training and orientation will be provided for all new volunteers. The ideal volunteer will be:
- Comfortable working with people, especially children and families in crisis
- Flexible, independent, and a problem-solver
- Caring, friendly, and passionate about helping others