A Drug Recovery Center Gets Another Shot After Financial Woes

NH1 News
December 2017

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — A judge has approved the takeover of one of New Hampshire’s largest drug recovery centers, which has been facing financial difficulties.
The Hillsborough County judge approved Wednesday that custody of Serenity Place in Manchester go to Families in Transition, which will oversee the nonprofit’s services.
Attorney General Gordon MacDonald said in news release that earlier this month, the department’s Charitable Trust unit received information regarding Serenity Place’s finances and investigated. Records show it is operating at a deficit of more than $600,000 since July 1.
Republican Gov. Chris Sununu said in a statement that he’s shocked and saddened by the circumstances at the recovery center and agreed that receivership is the best option to make sure there’s no interruption in services.

Click Here to read this article.

Read FIT President, Maureen Buregard’s statement here.

 

Comments are closed.