Family Place Resource Center and Shelter
26% of homeless people in Manchester are children.
In an emergency, they had no child-safe place to go. Until now.
Families in Transition – New Horizons’s Family Place Resource Center and Shelter provides the City of Manchester with a home for 80 parents with 120 children per year. This brand new facility currently houses a new and expanded emergency family shelter, as well as comprehensive resource center specifically designed to meet the needs of homeless families and children in Manchester, NH. The dual purpose nature of the project ensures that families with complex and varied needs are able to quickly and easily access the services that they need to regain housing stability and long-term wellness.
The Family Place Resource Center and Shelter Provides:
- A home for 80 parents with 120 children per year
- Critical healthcare for children and families on-site
- Services to assist continuity in education for homeless children
- Housing Advocacy and Employment Search Support
- Specialized therapeutic preschool for homeless children
- Guaranteed nutritious meals
- A warm place for homeless families with their children to wait when they have no place to go. No more waiting in the police station waiting room or living in their car.
Looking for ways to support this program?
Here are just a few:
Help us to provide nutritious meals daily to these families by donating today. Click Here to make a donation to our food fund.
Help by purchasing from our ongoing needs list. To view complete list, Click Here.
Volunteer your time! Click Here to see our current volunteer needs at the shelter.
To view photos from our Open House, click here.
To view pictures from our groundbreaking event, “Breaking Down the Barriers”, please click here.
Please click here to see our printable information packet about the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter.
Click here to view some of our Family Place supporters.
For more information on the Family Place Resource Center and Shelter, or to find out additional ways to get involved, please contact us at 603.641.9441 ext. 324 or email [email protected]